History II

The Rise of the Free Market:

As previously noted, the collapse of the USSR caused a massive political, economic, and social power vacuum in the East. Just as analysts had predicted, the region of the former Soviet Union was rife with organized criminal empires. The most worrisome to the rest of the world was the thought that newly independent states might capitalize upon their newfound resources and become rogue states, willing to sell their nuclear weapon systems and materials to the highest bidder.

A.E.G.I.S., while still operating in secret and under minimal resources, began showing its ability to effectively work as an intelligence/counter-terrorism agency. With A.E.G.I.S. working hard to thwart the black-market dealings of nuclear materials, 80% of bartering was countered. The remaining 20% of nuclear trade evaded A.E.G.I.S. mainly due to interference from regional governing forces, who were likely corrupted by sharing in the profits of these trades.

History I
Return to Database
History III

History II

Falling Toward Apotheosis Eelsfinn